Fall Is In The Air — Can You Feel It?
We hope you and your families enjoyed a healthy, relaxing Labor Day Holiday.
Like it or not, Autumn is here, and all the signifiers have been thrust upon us:
Pumpkin Spice Lattes ~ Halloween & Christmas is flooding the big box stores ~ Fantasy Football Teams are a buzz & live Football & Soccer events are back!
No doubt, travel is back ~ we are experiencing an incredible surge of Celebra-cation Planning!
Many are planning sooner than later getaways – there is most definitely a pent-up desire to GO!!
What does that mean?? Airports are busier, planes are full, plane delays, crazy lines everywhere, limited availability at hotels, pricing increases – MORE TRAVEL globally! Patience is a virtue and important now more than ever.
Always know, the travel pros at Travel Concepts KC are here to help you navigate through these exciting times!
Here’s the short list of Travel Tips as you ease into the Fall & Winter Seasons:
- Practice Patience – be prepared for long lines, delays & canceled flights. Never forget that a little kindness goes a long way; treat others as you want to be treated.
- Book Your Celebra-cation™ Early – those who do have choices, instead of the disappointment when your #1 Choice is no longer. This goes for the destination, resort, excursions/tours/activities. Is SPRING BREAK your jam? Now is the time!!
- Knowledge is Power – Destination Requirements change as quick as days of the week. One example is EUROPE, with countries opening at a slower pace than some of the Caribbean destinations. Remember, we are ‘in the know’ so you can GO!
- Is Your Passport Up-to-Date – Traveling to different countries requires a valid Passport. Many require that the passport includes at least 6 months post travel validity. New or Renewed Passports are taking up to 4 months to process unless you expedite the service.
Travel Concepts invites you to take advantage of AMAZING / EXCLUSIVE savings for Spring Break/March Madness 2022! You can mingle with others within our exclusive group, or you can ‘do you’ away from the group – the best part, YOU and your PEEPS can escape, enjoy and know we will manage all of the details! More information about our Spring Break/March Madness in March 2022 included in this Newsletter and on our website! You know you want to go – give yourself the permission to simply DO IT!
Remember, there is always something to celebrate – and we remain grateful to have served clients globally for over 25 years! Cheers & sending our warmest regards ~ Denise & Ashley
CELEBRATE SPRING BREAK 2022 IN THE BEAUTIFUL DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AT THE ALL-INCLUSIVE HARD ROCK HOTEL & CASINO PUNTA CANA!
Ready for endless fun?
Bring the family and/or friends to the Dominican Republic and make some memories to last a lifetime. It’s not too early to start thinking about SPRING BREAK 2022 … and for many, the obsession for the NCAA March Madness Season is alive too! Our travel agency has snagged some pretty incredible group rates that you won’t find anywhere else. And, oh those fabulous Hard Rock perks, delivers the best Celebra-cation™ experiences! Sometimes you truly can have it all, and that includes the Best Casino in Punta Cana! Awesome Games & Slots! Exciting Table Games! Heart-Pounding Poker Games! Gaming in Paradise will take you to a new level in their Casino Sports Book.A low deposit is due by October 6 – and did I mention – kiddos under 17 years stay at the hotel free! Yes, I said it F-R-E-E!! Space is limited – if you snooze, you lose. The FUN begins March 12, 2022 – minimum 5 night stay required.
Jalpeno Popper Dip
12-14 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided (a little more than 1 cup total)
2 (8 ounce) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4-6 large jalapenos, cut, with seeds and stems removed, and finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3/4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons salted butter, melted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the bacon, then chop or crumble. Set aside 2-3 tablespoons for topping. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with the sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth using a hand mixer. Stir in the chopped jalapeno, crumbled bacon, garlic powder, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt. Add the cheese and stir to combine, then pour into a 10-inch skillet or square baking dish, spreading into an even layer.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko breadcrumbs with the melted butter and Parmesan cheese, tossing with a fork to coat the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the top of the dip.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the breadcrumbs are lightly browned and the dip is hot all the way through. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the reserved bacon and chopped fresh parsley, topping with additional fresh sliced jalapenos, if desired. Serve hot with crackers, chips, or veggies for dipping.
SHOUT OUT’S FROM OUR AMAZING CUSTOMERS ~We loved working with Ashley and Denise from Travel Concepts for our honeymoon! We got married in October 2020, but knew traveling wouldn’t be a great opinion until summer 2021. We just got back from our honeymoon in Cancun and couldn’t have been happier! I called Ashley in February 2021 with concerns about traveling and shared my worries with her; she listened and answered all of my questions…again 🙂 When we arrived in Cancun this past June, everything was in order and exceeded our expectations! If you’re looking for a travel agent, Ashley and Denise will take WONDERFUL care of you! ~ Kara
We booked our spring break trip with our high school senior with Travel Concepts and everything was wonderful. In a crazy Covid year, it was so nice to vacation worry-free. Denise made sure all arrangements were made and left nothing to chance. We loved the Moon Palace in Cancun and can’t wait to return! ~Christina