Pivot and Prosper Retreat From Travel Concepts
Introducing: The Pivot & Prosper II Retreat
Re-Aligning for Travel Agent Success in 2021 and BeyondAn intimate, 6-day intensive for travel entrepreneurs ready to cultivate a limitless mindset
May 1-6, 2021 in Cancun, Mexico
Raise your hand if this sounds like you:2020 was going to be your year. You were eager to double down on your marketing, expand your client list, and leave those low-budget price shoppers in the dust. Or, you were ready to really grow your team, build your brand, and catapult your agency to new levels of success. Then—March hit like a ton of bricks. Our beloved industry was turned upside down overnight. Instead of pouring your resources into building your business, you were left frantically scrambling to cancel or rebook client trips, navigate refunds from stingy suppliers, and simply stay afloat. But if there’s a silver lining to be found, it’s this: This past industry-shaking year has made it crystal clear exactly what you need to succeed as a travel pro—a solid plan that makes you feel in command (instead of flying by the seat of your pants), a flexible and adaptable mindset that allows you to get smart when adversity hits, and an authentic, welcoming community to lean on and grow alongside with.
Travel WILL come back—and the agents that will flourish when it does will be the ones who’ve decided to get serious and set a game plan now.You’re invited to start planning for your success at the second Pivot & Prosper Retreat, six days of foundational business strategy, goal setting, and community building with fellow success-minded travel pros—all in an intimate setting in breathtaking Cancun, Mexico. We’ll stay at TWO outstanding properties, and visit several more, so you can act as a leader in travel’s return, sharing your insights and excitement with your audience back home.
OUR PIVOT & PROSPER AGENDA May 1-6, 2021
DAY ONE: Begin at The Grand at Moon Palace
- Arrive at The Grand at Moon Palace in Cancun. Part of the Palace Resorts group, this 5-star beachfront resort will supply our inspiring backdrop for our first three days of learning and connecting.
- Attend the Pivot & Prosper evening cocktail reception and begin connecting with like-minded travel pros—our hand-selected group will have plenty to talk about together!
- Enjoy dinner on your own at one of The Grand’s sumptuous options for all palates—in addition to learning together, our goal is to introduce you to some stunning properties that you can share with your own clients (and you can give them the low-down on what traveling in the time of COVID actually looks like)
DAY TWO: Learn
- Gear up for a morning of business and marketing education from industry experts and an in-depth planning workshop to set yourself up for sustainable success
- Ensure you have the foundational building blocks in place with business and marketing plan review exercises that take into account the shifting aspects of our industry
- Set measurable, achievable sales goals to grow your business over the next three years—whether you’re new to the industry or a veteran agency owner
- Learn how to harness the power of partnerships to fuel your business (if anything, this year has revealed which suppliers truly value their travel agent relationships)
- Enjoy lunch, and then off to explore the expansive Moon Palace resorts, exclusively escorted on golf carts for a comprehensive overview. The resort sizzles with energy and possibility for any travel experience.
- Option for the evening, go off-property to explore another outstanding resort, Playacar Palace, on an exclusive tour, dinner and perhaps a shopping stroll down Fifth Avenue.
DAY THREE: Explore
- Start your day with a private morning yoga session, where we’ll set intentions and re-align our mindset to welcome ease, prosperity, and agility into our businesses and our lives
- Grab your swimsuit and journey with us to Isla Mujeres, “the isle of women,” to tour the stunning adults-only resort with a cozy, private marina, Island Mujeres Palace Resort — we’ll make the short sailing across the Channel. Boardroom with a view?
- Relax on the laidback island before returning to Cancun for our final night at The Grand — and get ready to indulge in a private cocktail send-off celebration!
DAY FOUR: Continue at Sun Palace
- Experience a stay at our second Palace Resorts property, Sun Palace, an adults-only oasis at the tip of the Mexican Caribbean.
- Tour the recently remodeled property, which completed $40 million in interior and exterior updates this past September, to see the stunning redesign — and enjoy lunch at one of its new eateries.
- Regroup for an intimate retreat dinner on-property for cocktails and motivating conversation with our group.
DAY FIVE: Celebrate
- Take in the best beach view in Cancun during, our tour of Le Blanc, a chic adults-only spa resort boasting a glamorous, modern aesthetic — Le Blanc is considered by many to be the best luxury all-inclusive in Cancun.
- Return to Sun Palace for a very special Cinco de Mayo celebration; after an intense week, get ready to let loose and revel with your new retreat friends as we enjoy the resort’s wildly fun evening entertainment.
- Say goodbye (for now!) to our group during our final send off together — just remember that this isn’t the end, but the beginning of your pivot as a prosperous, resilient travel pro..
DAY SIX: Depart
- Enjoy a final beach stroll before departing Sun Palace; please note that Palace Resorts will provide CDC-compliant COVID tests to make your return home seamless within the required 72-hour time-frame.
Learn from Passionate Industry Experts Sharing What You Need to Know Right Now
Travel & the LawAn air-tight client contract and T&Cs are more important than ever. We’re bringing in an expert in travel law to get you squared away—so you avoid any nasty (and costly) legal surprises.
Marketing MattersLearn how to stand out and stay visible from leading subject-matter experts. Dive deep into travel industry-specific strategies for converting clients through copywriting, social media, PR, and more.
Veteran Industry LeadersIndustry upheaval isn’t new. We’re bringing in veterans from both sides of the industry—agency and supplier—to show you how to weather the storm and future-proof your travel business.
Meet Your Mentor, Denise Canon
I’ve owned my travel agency for more than 25 years—so I’ve seen my fair share of “industry disruptors.” This includes 9/11 and the 2008 recession, challenging events that fundamentally changed our industry.
In fact, these “industry disruptors” were my wake up call. I didn’t know the first thing about running a business when I got started! After 9/11, I realized I needed to get my act together and develop a business plan—not just supplier knowledge—if I wanted my agency to survive.
Since then, I’ve grown my agency to a rock star team of 10 ICs that produces $5 million+ in gross sales annually. Along the way, I’ve learned many success lessons, like the importance of niching down, charging fees, creating clear policies and procedures for my team, and being agile when you know what hits the fan.
Owner of Travel Concepts KC and Founding Member of Consortia X
And above all else—I’ve learned you absolutely cannot do it alone. My goal with this retreat is to provide a space for travel pros who are in it to win it to connect with one another, start dreaming for a brighter future, and receive veteran mentorship to guide them there with ease. We hosted the first Pivot & Prosper retreat this past November, and I was so impressed with the caliber of agents who attended. If you’re coachable, craving community, and absolutely committed to success, I would love to have you join us for this next one!
“When I attended the first Pivot Retreat last November, I had no idea how much I would learn about running my business. I am much more prepared as a solopreneur business owner to service my clients using all the “tools” in my “toolbox”. In addition, I made life long professional and personal friends. Denise is a great mentor and a beautiful person inside and out.”
Wendy Boverini, Owner – Travel with Wendy B
Want to Pivot & Prosper? Your Investment:Inclusive cost for:
- Three-night stay at The Grand at Moon Palace, in single/double occupancy room
- Two-night stay at Sun Palace, in a single/double occupancy room
- Five full days of networking, education, and community building
- Exclusive retreat receptions and send-off
- Off-property tours of at least two other leading resorts
- All transfers, gratuities, all-inclusive features, departure Antigen Covid test
We’ll review your application to ensure you’re a good fit for the retreat—once we review, we’ll share how to secure your spot.
Any questions? Please reach out to [email protected]
“The Pivot & Prosper Retreat is an invaluable event for travel advisors looking to grow personally and professionally. Attending the first one in November 2020 helped reignite my business after a tough year. I had the best 3 months of business after this event, and I know for a fact it was because of the inspiration and knowledge I gained from everyone at the Pivot & Prosper Retreat. If you want to take your business to the next level, attend a Pivot and Prosper Retreat!”
Sarah Key, Owner – The Keys to Travel
“I attended the 1st Pivot and Prosper retreat and it was absolutely one of the best things I could have done! It was an opportunity to meet with like-minded travel advisors who were interested in jump-starting their businesses after months of uncertainty in the industry.
The speakers were spot-on, addressing the areas of my business I most needed to update/upgrade. The many site inspections offered a chance to see various properties in all areas and price ranges. Truly informative.
Everyone involved was so supportive and non-judgmental. Lots of learning and laughing during the retreat – a welcome combination! I feel so fortunate to be a part of this group; it’s like having my own build-in cheering section!”
Nancy Yeomans, Owner – Pangea Luxury Travel
The Pivot & Prosper Retreat & FAM was everything I needed after COVID and a tough year.
Traveling with like-minded colleagues, hearing from the best of the best in the industry and learning from Denise’s expertise was invaluable!
The knowledge and confidence I gained from the event were everything I needed to up level my business to move past the challenges of the past year.
If you are ready to grab your business by the horns, get in destination, and up level the nooks and crannies of your business, Pivot & Prosper is for you!
Dana Lewis, Owner – Discovereighng with Dana Travel & Destination Weddings
I heard about the Pivot and Prosper Retreat after it was posted about in the Resorts of Riviera Maya group on FB. The timing was perfect as I was making a move away from conferences and toward smaller focused events with high level travel professionals. I reached out to Denise and during a follow up meeting learned about her vision, passion, and deep desire to help other travel professionals grow into their full potential. I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of this opportunity and signed up! The retreat was a time of high-level networking and learning combined with intimate experiences with suppliers and resorts. The knowledge I gained from Denise in this immersive setting with women and men who are focused on their businesses isn’t something you can recreate just anywhere. Denise herself is an absolute joy and works with you one on one to weed out ineffective procedures and introduce you to new ways to sell travel based on a tried and true model. Denise will challenge you, share with you, and present opportunities based on her years of success. I have signed up again for this year’s retreat and would tell anyone who is considering this event to do the same.
Kristy Smallish, Owner – Now Boarding Travel
Pivot logo creation provided by