Pivot and Prosper Retreat From Travel Concepts
Introducing: The Pivot & Prosper Retreat
Re-Aligning for Travel Agent Success in 2021 and Beyond
An intimate, 3-day intensive for travel entrepreneurs
ready to cultivate a limitless mindset
Nov. 13-16, 2020 in Riviera Maya, Mexico
Raise your hand if this sounds like you:
2020 was going to be your year.
You were eager to double down on your marketing, expand your client list, and leave those low-budget price shoppers in the dust.
Or, you were ready to really grow your team, build your brand, and catapult your agency to new levels of success.
Then—March hit like a ton of bricks. Our beloved industry was turned upside down overnight.
Instead of pouring your resources into building your business, you were left frantically scrambling to cancel or rebook client trips, navigate refunds from stingy suppliers, and simply stay afloat.
But if there’s a silver lining to be found, it’s this:
This industry-shaking year has made it crystal clear exactly what you need to succeed as a travel pro—a solid plan that makes you feel in command (instead of flying by the seat of your pants), a flexible and adaptable mindset that allows you to get smart when adversity hits, and an authentic, welcoming community to lean on and grow alongside with.
Travel WILL come back—and the agents that will flourish when it does will be the ones who’ve decided to get serious and set a game plan now.
You’re invited to start planning for your success at the Pivot & Prosper Retreat, three days of foundational business strategy, goal setting, and community building with fellow success-minded travel pros—all in an intimate setting in breathtaking Riviera Maya, Mexico.
OUR PIVOT & PROSPER AGENDA Nov. 13-16, 2020
DAY ONE: Connect
- Arrive at the luxurious El Dorado Royale resort in Riviera Maya. Part of the Karisma Hotel group, this beachfront resort will supply our inspiring backdrop for three days of learning and connecting.
- Attend the Pivot & Prosper evening cocktail reception and begin connecting with like-minded travel pros—our hand-selected group will have plenty to talk about together!
- Enjoy dinner on your own at one of El Dorado’s gourmet-inclusive restaurants—in addition to learning together, our goal is to introduce you to some stunning properties that you can share with your own clients (and you can give them the low-down on what traveling in the time of COVID actually looks like)
DAY TWO: Learn
- Gear up for a full day of business and marketing education from industry experts and an in-depth planning workshop to set yourself up for sustainable success
- Ensure you have the foundational building blocks in place with business and marketing plan review exercises that take into account the shifting aspects of our industry
- Set measurable, achievable sales goals to grow your business over the next three years—whether you’re new to the industry or a veteran agency owner
- Learn how to harness the power of partnerships to fuel your business (if anything, this year has revealed which suppliers truly value their travel agent relationships)
- In the evening, go off-property with our group to explore another outstanding resort on an exclusive tour
DAY THREE: Explore
- Start your day with a private morning yoga session, where we’ll set intentions and re-align our mindset to welcome ease, prosperity, and agility into our businesses and our lives
- Relax and explore the property as you network with your fellow attendees—we want you to leave this experience having cultivated connections with a community that will support you and celebrate your successes throughout every stage of your growth
- Gather for one final night together—we’ll go off-property once again to indulge in a private cocktail send-off celebration!
Learn from Passionate Industry Experts Sharing What You Need to Know Right Now
Travel & the Law
An air-tight client contract and T&Cs are more important than ever. We’re bringing in an expert in travel law to get you squared away—so you avoid any nasty (and costly) legal surprises.
Social Media Marketing
How do you ensure you’ll have clients to come back to? By staying visible. Learn the latest strategies for putting social media to use for your travel business—without feeling burnt out in the process.
Veteran Industry Leaders
Industry upheaval isn’t new. We’re bringing in veterans from both sides of the industry—agency and supplier—to show you how to weather the storm and future-proof your travel business.
Meet Your Mentor, Denise Canon
Owner of Travel Concepts KC and Founding Member of Consortia X
I’ve owned my travel agency for more than 25 years—so I’ve seen my fair share of “industry disruptors.” This includes 9/11 and the 2008 recession, challenging events that fundamentally changed our industry.
In fact, these “industry disruptors” were my wake up call. I didn’t know the first thing about running a business when I got started! After 9/11, I realized I needed to get my act together and develop a business plan—not just supplier knowledge—if I wanted my agency to survive.
Since then, I’ve grown my agency to a rock star team of 12 ICs that produces $5 million+ in gross sales annually. Along the way, I’ve learned many success lessons, like the importance of niching down, charging fees, creating clear policies and procedures for my team, and being agile when you know what hits the fan.
And above all else—I’ve learned you absolutely cannot do it alone. My goal with this retreat is to provide a space for travel pros who are in it to win it to connect with one another, start dreaming for a brighter future, and receive veteran mentorship to guide them there with ease. If you’re coachable, craving community, and absolutely committed to success, I would love to have you join us!
Want to Pivot & Prosper? Your Investment:
Inclusive cost for:
- Three-night stay at El Dorado Resort & Spa, in double occupancy room
- Three days of networking and education
- Exclusive retreat reception and send-off
- Off-property tours of at least two other leading resorts
Your Investment: $645 per person, Double Occupancy
$825 per person, Single Occupancy
* IMPORTANT: This retreat is capped at 50 attendees to keep the event intimate with plenty of hands-on support—apply now to reserve your spot before we reach capacity.
We’ll review your application to ensure you’re a good fit for the retreat—once we review, we’ll share how to secure your spot.
Any questions? Please reach out to [email protected]
Pivot logo creation provided by